I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF SEEING THESE KINDS OF IMAGES AND COMMENTS.
I’m actually disgusted. This photo was posted on see more’s facebook page. Now, I don’t remember liking this page, but occasionally it pops up on my newsfeed. Usually its generic “share this guy” posts, but this one caught my attention because of the picture.
I wish I could say that the argument on the left (caused by my outraged comment) is where all the stupidty ends. But it really isn’t, The other comments are DISGUSTING. I actually feel sick to my stomach right now because of them.
HERE ARE SOME PRIME EXAMPLES OF THE KINDS OF PEOPLE THAT ARE COMMENTING ON THIS:
THIS IS WHY FEMINISM IS NEEDED. THIS IS WHY RAPECULTURE IS SICKENING. THIS IS WHY GROWING UP IN A WORLD FULL OF OVER SEXUALISED WOMEN AND PATRIORICHAL VALUES IS FUCKING BULLSHIT.
“hahah shes fat she should be glad for the rape!!!” NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Seriously these VILE people are what I cannot stand most about the world. I am so angry right now I can’t.
- Isaac Okesene: https://www.facebook.com/isaac.okesene
- Federico Di Luzio: https://www.facebook.com/federico.diluzio
- Holly M Landry: https://www.facebook.com/LegendaryEpicness
- Ashley Bender: https://www.facebook.com/Jacksgurl87
- Nathan Alsleben: https://www.facebook.com/insaneweasels
- Chelly Cross: https://www.facebook.com/chelly.cross
- Jean-Mathieu Emond: https://www.facebook.com/BoobaJm
I need to add that this is why INTERSECTIONAL feminism is needed, because this wasn’t just a joke about rape (which is awful enough), it was a joke about fat woman, a fat black woman, which one of the commenters had to make note of. There is a special type of stigma for fat Black women, which is a big part of where this type of vitriol is coming from.
Feminism is not enough if it does not address fat-shaming/fatphobia and racialized misogyny.
PS all the people thinking this shit is funny can go fuck themselves.
spoiler alert NO THEY DON’T SURVIVE EVERYONE FUCKING DIES
Hyperbole and a Half posted again, and everyone needs to read it because:
- If you are depressed, it will resonate with you like whoa.
- If you are not depressed, it will clarify some stereotypes about depression that need to be said. An explanation like this has been needed for a LONG time.
- If you know someone who is depressed, you’ll be better at interacting with them after reading this.
it had been too long since i was drunk in the library -___-
i’m watching Extreme Couponing and i just saw a woman rack up a charge of over $1000 and then her coupon game was so fucking raw by the end of it the store owed her $8. what the fuck
“her coupon game was so fuckin raw” is basically the best string of words ever concocted